Thursday, December 31, 2009

A 50th Reunion!

I met Carolyn years ago when I had a booth at the Hilton Craft Antique Co-op. My first rental area was the wall on the stairs leading to the second floor in the old Marple Furniture Building. That was all I needed at the time for displaying framed prints.
After the fire took the building, there was a year or more long search for a new spot. We all ended up on Ridge Road at a larger, more improved site. It took some doing to make our spaces cozy and try to get the feel of a homey spot. I worked many days with Carolyn during the time I kept the booth and we had lots of time to talk.
When it came time for her Charlotte High School 45th Reunion, she called to see if I was available to capture a memorable photograph for the attendees. It went well, with many graduates attending and lots of interest in acquiring a copy.
This year was the 50th Reunion at Lakeshore Country Club and even more graduates came home to join in all the fun. Carolyn and her committee do a wonderful job of planning their events! We had time before the dinner to capture this photograph which will become a lasting treasure for those who attended.



Thank you Carolyn and the Charlotte High School Reunion Committee for thinking of me and having the confidence in my work to choose me as your photographer. It was a pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DeLapa Photography Newsletter