Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fun at the PPSNYS Photography Workshop


Each year, the Professional Photographers Society of New York State sponsors a week long "summer camp" for photographers. It is held at Hobart College, Geneva, NY in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region. This Workshop is open to all with an interest in photography and is the best value in education that I know. You can check out some of the fun here - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=281625493763

There is always a choice of Instructors who are highly regarded professional photographers and come from all over the country.  They take time from their busy schedules to share their knowledge with all who attend. It is an amazing experience to immerse yourself in your craft for a whole week!

This year I had the privilege of taking a class with Tammy Wolfe and Tamar London, owners of London Wolfe Photography in Pennsylvania. They are wonderful teachers and had great ideas and advice for us throughout the week. There were eleven photographers in the class and we had a blast! Not only did I learn from my instructors but from all my colleagues as well.


After hours we gathered in the barn for ping pong, poker and conversation. Even later, some would stay up and share quiet conversations in the Gazebo. The condo I was assigned was occupied by me, alone, and gave me an opportunity to catch up on some music I've been wanting to perfect. The acoustics in the living area were amazing and that made practice very enjoyable. It's always nice when you like the way you sound! It was a relaxing way to wind down before trying to sleep.



We had an opportunity to create some portraits with the models who came to pose for us. Getting outside also made it possible to catch some of my colleagues having fun at "work".



It's difficult to explain the value of attending an event that is so special. I do know that each time I've been able to participate, I come away with amazing ideas, new skills, great photoshop tips, renewed enthusiasm for my craft and wonderful new friends.

Thank you PPSNYS www.ppsnys.com for sponsoring such a great school and thank you TamTam for an absolutely fantastic week of learning!

1 comment:

  1. Love the video. I love PPSNYS Workshop and this is a great explanation of why so many people come back year after year!

    ReplyDelete

DeLapa Photography Newsletter