Monday, May 24, 2010

So I Cut Off Some Hair Instead of My Ear

I had the pleasure of attending the artist's reception for the "Small" exhibit at the High Falls Gallery yesterday. http://www.centerathighfalls.org My beautiful daughter and my husband came along.

I have three pieces for show and sale in this exhibit and I usually get overly stressed about how my art will be received. My husband calls me "Vincent" when I get so disturbed about my work. Thus the title of this post.

The prints are polaroid manipulations from my "Impressions" series. They have been digitized, enhanced and then printed on watercolor paper. This one, "Alone in the Sun" is an example of the technique. I really enjoy working on this type of photograph.


Sally Wood Winslow did a superb job of displaying as many works from exhibitors as possible, yet still allowing the viewer to see everything there was to offer. The food and drink was delicious and plentiful. I visited with some old friends and made some new ones. Thank you all your hard work Sally.

It was a very nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DeLapa Photography Newsletter